Dec 25, 2019

Last Embryo V3 Afterword

Afterword
Hello everyone, It’s been a while. It’s me, Tatsunoko Tarou. It’s been about half a year, huh. I started with a similar introduction as the last time as a desperate attempt to fill up the page. Please forgive me on that.

This time I really did cram all sorts of things in this volume.

I’m compressing things one after another, but if it's the readers that have been with me until now, I’m sure they will be able to follow it. This is the third volume where I tried to write without being constrained by something. Just between you and me, but this Tatsunoko Tarou still has three transformations left.

This June marks one year for Last Embryo.

Five years in total if we count from the first part of the Mondaiji series.

I think the big mysteries of the story that had been piling up all this time are starting to be solved. If that three-headed bastard died quicker, this would’ve appeared faster. Good grief, there really exist characters even authors can’t easily kill off…! I thought of it as nothing but an urban legend until I met one myself.




And now, it’s finally begun, the “Atlantis Arc” full of fierce fights!

It was one of the stages that I always wanted to write about, so I’m also looking forward to it. The game now would be focusing more on the clearing strategy rather than their difficulty itself, so I hope you would get yet another form of enjoyment compared to the first part. Please wait a bit more until that red girl appears on the cover.

Little Garden is this kind of world, so each of the stories that I want to deliver to readers will be built upon this giant gift game. I wonder if I reached the volume where I release those pieces in large quantities. If you go back and read the first part once more, you might have fun making a lot of interesting discoveries.


…...Then in what form will you present those answers, you stupid idiot!

I keep answering my own questions every day like that. When authors with no worry of discontinuance create an incomplete story, they get lost on the way to Hades. I would like to avoid doing stuff that I would grieve in shame about in my dying moments.


As I face-off against both parts of the Mondaiji series, I often wonder if just this story alone is sufficient to enjoy the story at 120%, to answer all the questions about the world. Out of the pessimism due to the publishing slump and such, I wish to overcome this situation by a foolhardy breakthrough plan.

What would the future the world of Little Garden is striving towards look like? I keep searching for the best kind of way I can to present that.



To Momoco-sensei who provided wonderful illustrations for the growing characters for this volume.

To the editor O-san who waited until the very last moment this book would go on sale.

To every person who assisted me with releasing this book.

And, to all the readers who bought the third volume of Last Embryo, I give my thanks.

Tatsunoko Tarou

0 comments: