May 6, 2019

Miyamoto Sakura V1 Chapter 9


Chapter 9

...As if I can sleep now!


Not even five minutes had passed as she pushed aside the blanket and jumped to her feet.

Her eyes were red and congested, as if she had just come out of the pool.


I tried give this situation a good conclusion, but this is just impossible! I can’t help but think about it! Hikaru, someone I love, is literally sleeping next to me!


Your ordinary person wouldn’t be able to fall asleep in a situation like this. Hikaru wasn’t ordinary so he was sleeping like a log, but Sakura on the other hand possessed common sense of a normal person.

And on top of that, she was a proper, healthy sixteen year old girl.



Frankly speaking, I’m too excited and can’t fall asleep!


Gaah!

Sakura rolled about in the futon.

Her body was hot, and she had a hard time enduring various feelings.

Whenever Hikaru’s breath tickled the nape of her neck as he slept, her body would start trembling from the physiological response.

Even if she started to recite the heart sutra, following the ‘clear your mind of all mundane thoughts, and you will find even fire cool’ route wasn’t an option either. The worldly desires were the privileges of the young, men and women were the same in that regard.



Okay, let’s calm down. I should just calm down.


She forcibly persuaded herself.

There’s no way these worldly desires would settle down, and neither would she be calming down any time soon, but she had to think either way.

In order to maintain their pure relationship, she had use all her power and find a way to make a clean break out of this situation without loosing to her desires. What she needed to do now was that, above anything else.


...Hmm? Eh?


She suddenly recovered herself.

Actually… Was is really something she shouldn’t do?

Losing to her desires and graduating from their pure relationship… was that really something bad? Despite the fact that they were officially dating? And had promised to marry each other on top of it?


That doesn’t sound wrong at all. It’s instead the correct thing to do.


Which meant…

Even if she made a move now, it wouldn’t really be a problem, would it?

Sakura gulped loudly.

She looked down on Hikaru who was sleeping next to her.

His skin was surprisingly beautiful, and his lips seemed so tasty.

She had been with him for too long, so she could easily tell whether he was feigning sleep or not. And right now, he was most definitely asleep.

And that meant…

Even if she did something to him, he wouldn’t really know...would he?

And even he did, wouldn’t it still be legitimate…?

Gulp.


Sakura swallowed once again.

The temptation was real. A sense of virtue could just go fuck itself.

At the point when a young girl and boy decided to sleep together, those textbook-like ethics had already lost all their meaning.


In this situation, an angel was a devil, and a devil was also an angel. The conflict that commonly happens between good and evil no longer held any significance here.

Ba-bum-ba bum-ba bum.

Her heart rate accelerated without a stop.

And now...

Right now…

Maybe she could try doing something that she normally couldn't? As a preface or a hors d’oeuvre or something!

She slowly drew closer to Hikaru’s face, while frantically trying to hold back her breathing that seemed like it would go out of control at any moment.

And then, she whispered in a voice so low that Hikaru wouldn’t be able to hear it even if he was awake.


“...Hikaru. I love you.”


Kyaa! Kyaa! She rolled while throwing kicks around.

Whoops, that was a bad move. If she made so much noise, even Hikaru could wake up from it.


But still──Uhehe. I said it, I said it!


She had finally said the words she wanted to say for so many years but was never able to.


But the person concerned was sleeping, you say? As if that mattered.

And they were already dating after he confessed anyway, you say? Stop joking around, it is always important to say those words to make sure. Tacit understanding is just a nice excuse to avoid it; even when it comes to remembering one english word, isn’t it far more effective when you speak it aloud?


Whoops, calm down, me. I need to be careful here, really, really careful…


Sakura rebuked her agitated self.

After all, this situation was likely to develop into “Hikaru’s been awake all this time!” scenario. And Sakura was well aware that she was exactly the kind of person who was likely to step on that landmine.

And so, she decided to make sure of it.

She poked his face, and drew her ear close to his nose to check his sleeping breaths. Moreover, she even put her hand on his chest and checked his heartbeat. ──Okay, he was sound asleep, no two ways about it. She was a hundred percent safe.

She got annoyed at him for falling asleep in this situation, but now that it had come to this, she was instead thankful of it. By all means, she wanted him to keep sleeping until morning.

And during that time, she would do as she pleased with him!

No matter the times, those who showed openings were the ones to be blamed!


I’m going to kiss him right now!


This was quite literally a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

There was hardly a chance for it to go wrong. If she failed here, there was no knowing when she would get another chance. But this was just the first day of their dating, you say? That doesn’t matter. The lucky and good day was exactly when the Lady Luck showed her smile. If she let go of this chance, she would be incurring a divine punishment. And it wasn’t good to turn one’s back at the providence of heavens.

I’m doing it.

Miyamoto Sakura, sixteen years old, will now be taking her first step on the stairs of adulthood…!

She drew her face closer to be on top of his.

Hikaru was still sound asleep. This was the promised victory. However clumsy she was, even she couldn’t possibly screw this up.

Okay, I’m doing it, here I go!

And I don’t meant your cheeks, but your lips!

I’ll be taking my first kiss now──


...As if! It won’t be so easy! I knew it!


Sakura got flustered and moved her face away, making a clean break.

After all, there was no way it could go so well. She didn’t want to boast but, she was a natural born, hopeless-at-love girl, and it was simply impossible for everything to go her way like it has until now. There was definitely a trap ahead.


When it comes to a trap that would come up in this situation, it’s most definitely going to be those perverted sisters!


Sakura suddenly glared towards the door.

After all──After all, they are surely holding their breaths on the other side of it, aren’t they?

They are trying to ascertain with their own eyes just what would Hikaru and I would do, right?

Since this was originally part of the bride training, after all! The one those sisters created! And I almost forgot about it, too!

If it’s those three, they are definitely going to do something! There’s no way they would sit quietly when there’s something so interesting before them! They are definitely observing us now, and maybe even filming it, and they want to show me that video with smug faces! I can totally see that happening! Even if I am not the goddess of time and destiny, Norn, I can still predict that much!

Sakura jumped out of the bed, and dashed straight towards the door.

And then, she pushed open the door with all she had in order to expose the three sisters who were surely giggling on the other side.

Slam!

Okay, you perverted sisters!

You must be having a great mistake if you think you can get away with messing with me every time!! Predicting the earlier development falls under your specialty, doesn’t it?! I’m not gonna stop this time and beat you into──


...They aren’t here!


There was no one there.

There was only the dark corridor spreading beyond the opened door.

The Oogami house had fallen silent in the dead of night, like an uninhabited house.

──Why won’t you come to interrupt us?! Isn’t that basically how it goes in this situation?! Wouldn’t it be bad if I kissed him just like that?! Read the mood, you hear me, read the mood!

Sakura stamped her feet in silence, frustrated.


No no. Hold on a bit.


A certain possibility flashed in her mind.

Listening from behind the door was way too predictable thing to do. Then what if they were observing in some different way?

It was certainly a possibility.

A listening device, or a hidden camera, there were many ways to do it. And to make matters worse, this was the sisters’ home ground. They had more than enough time on their hands to make their preparations. And they were goddesses, to begin with, so they could very well be able to use something like X-ray vision, too.

I see, I didn’t see that coming──Sakura conceded.

The enemy prepared a high class strategy. Thinking about it, it was quite natural that if they were going to observe, they would choose the means that was least likely to be found out. Such scheming fellows they were, she was almost deceived.

And with that, her next action was already decided!

She ran downstairs to the first floor! To the reception hall where the three sisters had their futons spread out and slept! She was going for a surprise attack!

The victory went for the one who made the first move, so while they weren’t aware that she realised their scheme, she would go and obtain the irrefutable evidence!


Creak!

She opened the sliding door.

I found you, perverted sisters!

I was sure it would be something like this. You are hundred years too early to be peeping on our kissing scene! You are always messing with me, but this time I’m going to──


...They are sleeping!


The three sisters were sleeping normally in the bedroom before the door and releasing sleeping sounds. And they weren’t feigning it either, but instead they were so sound asleep that they wouldn’t wake up even if you hit them.

Or rather…!

Don’t sleep!

Sakura stomped her feel on the air, frustrated.

Isn’t this situation where you would be plotting something?! Why are you sleeping like it’s nothing! I believed in the cliche development and came here in high spirits, but I look like a total fool now! But well, I came running here with a triumphant look while fighting a nonexistent enemy, so I really am a fool! Sorry!

Or rather, what am I even doing in someone else’s house! I’m reflecting on it, I’m really sorry!


Also, let me just confess here!

I never actually planned to go for a kiss since the start!


After all, I had a premonition that you’d definitely get in the way!

I mean, isn’t that how it was supposed to be?!

When it comes to these kind of developments, some kind of interruption always comes up, doesn’t it?! Usually, you’d act based on that, right?! It’s because I was convinced that I’d get interrupted that I became so confident there!

So I’ll change my attitude now, and I’m not going to kiss him!

And moreover, I won’t go beyond that point no matter what! Isn’t it just unreasonable?! It’s my first time! If I could do something like that, I’d have long since confessed to Hikaru myself! I’d have dated him for a long time now and flirted with him like a normie!

So, I’ll just go sleep now!

I’ll go and sulk in bed!

I’ll send my consciousness in the dream world, and start a new day pretending nothing happened! I can only do that now! I would die from embarrassment if someone saw me right now! And I don’t wanna die yet! Not when I just started dating Hikaru today!


Thus, she returned to Hikaru’s room on the second floor and crawled into the bed. She put the blanket over her head and tightly shut her eyes.

Now, let’s sleep. Let me count sheep or something and I’ll fall asleep. I’m sure tomorrow would wash away today's events. I’ll bury the memories of this impossible game of today far away, and start a new game tomorrow. Yup, let’s do that. I have to do that, I want to do that, I hope I can do that──


...No like I said, I can’t possibly sleep now!


She pushed aside the futon and jumped to her feet, and that started another loop, returning her to the starting point.











──And that covered my report on how Miyamoto Sakura tilted at windmills and had a maiden-like breakdown.



0 comments: